I started this back in November before my fall, and I’ve now managed to finish it. It’s a nice A-line skirt.As Burdastyle drafted it, it has lots of topstitching , back welt pockets and belt loops. I wanted to make it in black corduroy so could not face the welts. I ditched most of the topstitching, so then it seemed pointless to have a centre front seam. I didn’t fancy making corduroy belt loops either.
So a much plainer skirt then. I cut a 42 at the waist grading to 44 at the hip as usual. I was really surprised when I basted it together and tried it on for fit. Mega gaposis! I had to add back darts; but now it’s a great fit.
Terrible pics I’m afraid, black in midwinter daylight. Also I find it hard to tuck in my shirt with my wonky hand!
I used black pocketing for the waistband facing to reduce bulk. I’m proud of my lining insertion, and the invisible zip really is, you can’t see it on the photo I took! The instruction have you take the zip up to the top of the waistband, but that seems unnecessary on one this narrow.
I will make this again in the summer with all the topstitching , but probably not the welt pockets.