I used my Sewaholic Renfrew pattern as a base, and proceeded as follows.
1. Trace out the font piece and square off the neckline ( I used the scoop variant).
2. Draw a line straight down from the shoulder to the hem passing through the edge of the squared off neck line.
3. Cut one complete front on the fold.
4. Cut a side front piece from the side to the straight line ( add a seam allowance at the straight edge.
5. Cut a centre panel twice the length of the front from neck to hem and twice the width from line to centre front plus seam allowance.
6. Gather the centre panel as evenly on both sides as possible. Sew to the side fronts.
7. Sew the two fronts together at the neckline, wrong sides together, clip the corners, turn and press.
8. Cut a strip for the back neck and bind it before sewing the rest of the top as usual.
I think this has turned out very like it’s inspiration top. Artigiano It is also a lot cheaper! The only thing I would do differently is to make the neckline a bit higher, I didn’t take into account the width of the neckline binding piece when I drew the square neck pattern.
I’ve also finished the jacket, so will be trying to take photos if/when the light improves.